Thursday, January 22, 2015

Along my Path

I don't really care if anyone even reads these posts, but some have told me they like to, so I'll keep posting them. I love to write and don't get the opportunity much anymore so this has been a great outlet to work on my writing and fall back in love with it.

I'm going to try to post an "Along my Path" at least once a month just so I can remember where my mind is at throughout 2015, but if you want to follow along, be my guest!

This month:

The Imitation Game.
 Phenomenal movie. I may or may not have seen it twice already. Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightly star in this film about British mathematician Alan Turing and his quest to solve the German's enigma machine during WWII. It's an incredible true story of a man who played an vital role in winning the war but was then persecuted for choosing to be true to himself. If you're like me and love learning about WWII then The Imitation Game needs to be on your list. If its 8 Academy Awards nominations don't sway you enough. It has definitely secured a spot on my list of favorite films of all time. (If you're on mobile, here's the trailer)

Used Bookshops.
 I love to read but sometimes life gets in the way and it takes me a while to find my way back. A really awesome find a friend took me to in Richmond, Virginia called Libbie Books is now my favorite stop when I'm in RVA. Recently I've purchased: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Power of One, Sarah's Key, and Firefly Lane all for under $12 combined. Used bookshops are fantastic because reading new books all the time is expensive, especially if you like to own the books. It's like a treasure hunt and one that I believe makes you a little richer than when you arrived. Other books on my list to read: The Boys in the Boat, Alan Turing: The Enigma


Virginia Basketball.
 I've always been a UVA basketball fan, born and raised in Cville, but this year they've been particularly exciting to watch. Ranked #2 in the nation and still undefeated is pretty impressive. In fact, the game v. Georgia Tech is on right now in the background as I'm writing this post. Go Hoos!


Benedict Cumberbatch.
 How have I not realized how amazing he is until recently? Seriously, incredible actor. If you haven't seen BBC's Sherlock yet, you need to put that on your Netflix queue right now. I'm definitely Sherlocked. He's incredible in The Imitation Game, Sherlock, 12 Years a Slave, and as Smaug in The Hobbit. He even did motion capture when playing Smaug because he wanted to take it to the next level. Basically perfect.








No comments:

Post a Comment